How long will it take to build my tiny house?

We can complete a tiny house in 3 months, subject to demand/workload and availability of materials.

Is my tiny house insulated?

Yes, all our tiny houses comes with wall and ceiling insulation as standard, thus minimising the energy needed for heating and cooling.

Does the tiny house have gas or electric system?

Our standard tiny house comes with LPG instant gas hot water system, gas cooktop and electric oven.

How do I connect to power?

Our standard tiny house model runs on mains electrical system to enable appliances such as a full size Refrigerator, TV, Washing machine and Air Conditioner to be used. Our tiny house can be plugged in with an electrical lead like a caravan.

How do I get water?

Our standard tiny house can be connected with a garden hose like a traditional caravan. Alternatively you can install an onsite rainwater tank, or we can install a built in water tank.

How do I connect to the sewer?

Our standard tiny house comes with a flushing toilet ready for your local plumber to connect to your existing sewer system. If there’s no existing sewer system available, then you may consider the option of a composting toilet.  

Can you build a tiny house that is not on wheels?

Yes, we can. While it will no longer be classed as a Caravan, it can be more cost effective, as no trailer is required. It is easy to put the tiny house on stumps or footings for a more permanent solution.

Do I need a special permit to drive it on the road?

Our Tiny House is classed as a Caravan, hence caravan rules apply. While it does not require a special permit to tow it, due to the size and weight of the Tiny House, we advise you engage a capable towing company for transporting.

How do I prepare for the delivery of my tiny house?

You will need to:

  • Ensure the area your tiny house will be positioned is level;
  • Ensure there is clear access to the location – wide enough driveway, no over-hanging branches or power-lines, etc.
  • Our tiny house comes with a built in gutter. Downpipes need to be added once the tiny house is positioned on site.

Do you deliver and install my tiny house?

We can organise the delivery of your tiny house to your property via a reputable transport company. The transportation costs will need to be paid directly to the company.

You will need to employ a plumber and electrician to connect your tiny house to the services on your property.

Can you build off-grid tiny houses?

Yes we can build a fully off-grid system, or a hybrid option with connections to the available mains services. This can include gas hot water and cooktop, composting toilet, solar panels and battery energy storage. A rainwater tank would be required.

Is approval from Council required for a tiny house on a trailer?

Local council rules vary across Australia, but most treat tiny houses on wheels in the same way as caravans. In most cases, if a tiny house is RMS registered as a trailer, no DA approval is required to put it in your backyard, if you meet certain exemptions. Also the tiny house is to be maintained in a safe and healthy condition.

In summary, NSW legislation may permit you to have no more than one caravan if you plan to have someone that is a member of your household live in it on a long-term basis, as long as you have an approved dwelling house already on the lot.

Or you can have no more than two caravans if you plan for someone to stay in them for a short-term (up to 48 hours at a time) for no more than 60 days a year.

Or you plan to use it on pastoral or agricultural land, so long as it is merely occupied seasonally by persons employed in pastoral or agricultural operations on the land.

You will need to check your local council rules around living in caravans on private land.

How will my tiny house handle a bushfire or flood prone area?

Our tiny house has a smoke alarm installed.

Choose the tiny house location carefully on your land to ensure you have ample flexibility to manage the elements you may experience. Suitable fire rated materials will need to be used in the construction of your tiny house if you are in a bushfire zone.

Fire Service authorities in all states provide bushfire hazard advice to ensure that risks to life, property and infrastructure are considered as part of the bushfire management plan. We advise that you familiarise yourself with these.

Flood prone areas may require your tiny house to comply with the following:


  • minimum habitable floor level plus freeboard.
  • all structures must be designed, constructed and installed to structurally withstand flood events, including but not limited to protection against hydrostatic and buoyancy forces.
  • all building materials and related services (e.g. electrical wiring) below the minimum habitable floor level, must be flood compatible.

These elements must be discussed during the design process.

How will my tiny house handle high wind area?

If you are in a high wind area you can secure your tiny house onto a concrete pad footing. An engineer can work out the requirements in accordance with wind speeds.

Do you have a tiny house on display?

Yes we do have a tiny house on display. We know that tiny house builders have been swamped by visitors in the past, as there aren’t many displays out there to see. We’d love to show you our tiny house, however, we are quite stretched for time as a small business.

If you’re genuinely interested in purchasing our tiny house, then please email us your details, your budget and the model you’re interested in and we can arrange a meeting for you.

Please note that appointments are required as our display area is also the construction site, so we need to arrange a suitable time for safety reasons.